Wednesday, July 27, 2016

How to Make Creamy Coffee Flan


     As I mentioned in my previous entry, I love Japanese flan so much. I've sometimes made some kinds of flan at home since I moved to the U.S. Because I also love coffee, I tried to make coffee flan last month, and these turned out perfect coffee flan which taste like ones I used to purchase in Japan! These coffee flan had bitter coffee taste and sweet whipped cream on top. :) Making flan is actually not so difficult. Today, I'm going to share how to make creamy coffee flan with you.


■ What You Will Need ■
3 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 Egg Whites
400 ml (13.5 fl oz) of Milk
3 Tablespoons of Instant Coffee
Whipped Cream
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder



1. Mix sugar and egg whites thoroughly.


2. Add instant coffee and milk. Stir them until instant coffee has dissolved. 



 3. Pour the mixture through a fine strainer into the custard cups. Then, cover them with aluminum foil.


4. Pour the hot water into the large pan. The water is about 1/2 inch deep. Place the cups into the pan. Cover the lid. Bring the water to a boil, and simmer it over low heat for 10 minutes.


5. Turn off the heat. Wait for 10 minutes. Then open the lid, and take out cups. Cool and refrigerate for hours.  


6. Top with whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder.

7. Enjoy!


       I uploaded this video, How to Make Creamy Japanese Coffee Flan, on my YouTube channel.




       My entries related to coffee can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/coffee


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes


       These are my entries you might like.

Japanese Drip Coffee Bags - UCC & KEY COFFEE

How to Make Caramel Macchiato

How to Make a Frappuccino Less Watery
 
How To Make Espresso Ice Cube Latte

How to Make Thai Iced Coffee - Oliang, Cafe Yen

Trader Joe's Pour-Over Coffee Brewer Review

Two Ways to Make Coffee Granita

How to Make Café de Olla - Mexican Coffee

How to Brew Coffee with Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker 

How to Make Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte

How to Make Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte 

How To Make Salted Caramel Mocha Latte

How to Make Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino 

How to Make Affogato, Italian Espresso-based Dessert

How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte

How to Turn Mason Jars into A Coffee Grinder and Compact Blender

How to Make Nutella Frappuccino

How to Make Iced Caramel Macchiato


No comments:

Post a Comment