Friday, June 9, 2017

Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

       As I mentioned in my yesterday's entry, All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen, Marutai has released Kyushu local instant ramen series these years, and its series has been very popular in Japan. Many Japanese people review that Marutai Kyushu Series are as delicious as ones famous ramen restaurants in Japan serve!
 Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series
        The series has four kinds of local tonkotsu ramen, two kinds of local shio ramen and two kinds of local soy sauce ramen.

■4 Kinds of Local Tonkotsu Ramen
  Kurume (久留米) - Very Rich
  Hakata Nagahama (博多長浜) - Less Rich
  Kagoshima (鹿児島) - Browned Green Onion
  Kumamoto (熊本) - Browned Garlic

■2 Kinds of Local Shio Ramen
  Miyazaki (宮崎) - Chicken Based Soup
  Saga (佐賀) - Beef Based Soup

■2 Kinds of Local Soy Sauce Ramen
  Oita (大分) - Chicken Based Soup with Yuzu Zest Powder
  Nagasaki (長崎) - Charcoal-Grilled Flying Fish Based Soup



          My husband and I have finally tried all 8 kinds of Kyushu series! Each package of Marutai ramen always has two servings, and all 8 packages have completely different flavor. Actually, we enjoyed and loved ALL of them. (If you are an avid ramen lover, you really should try all of this series.) Yet, today, I'm going to share top 3 my favorite ones with you. :)    



No.1 Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen (長崎 あごだし入り 醤油ラーメン)

Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen
        My most favorite Marutai ramen was absolutely Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen!

       The yellow map on this package is Kyushu (九州), which is the most southwesterly of four main islands of Japan. The red area on the map is Nagasaki prefecture (長崎県), where is famous for agodashi (あごだし).
Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen
       Agodashi (あごだし) is fish based broth made from dried flying fish. You might think it doesn't sound delicious, but you really should try this. This ramen is made of charcoal-grilled flying fish, which adds smoky savory flavor to it. It was way beyond my expectation! If I find Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen in Japan, I will definitely purchase it again. :)  If you love Asian foods, you will definitely like it.
Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

    My blog entry related to Marutai Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen can be seen here.







No. 2  Kumamoto Kuro Mayu Tonkotsu Ramen (熊本 黒マー油とんこつラーメン 焦がしニンニク入り)

Marutai Kumamoto Kuro Mayu Tonkotsu Ramen
      The second my favorite one was Kumamoto Kuro Mayu Tonkotsu Ramen!

      The blue area on the map is Kumamoto (熊本), a prefecture of Kyusyu Island.
Kumamoto Kuro Mayu Tonkotsu Ramen
         As I mentioned in my previous entries, since my husband and I grew up in Fukuoka, where is famous for tonkotsu ramen, when it comes to tonkotsu ramen, we are pretty picky about its taste. We actually loved all four kinds of Marutai tonkotsu ramen, Kurume (久留米), Hakata Nagahama (博多長浜), Kagoshima (鹿児島) and Kumamoto (熊本). Yet, I thought that Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen is the best in all! Because it contains a large amount of garlic, such as browned garlic (焦がしニンニク) and kuro mayu (黒マー油), which is Kumamoto style black oil made from sesame oil and browned garlic, the soup has delicious garlic flavor! Who doesn't like savory garlic flavor? If you love tonkotsu ramen, you should try Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen. :)
Kumamoto Kuro Mayu Tonkotsu Ramen

        My blog entry related to Marutai Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen can be seen here.






 No. 3 Saga Gyu Shio Ramen (佐賀 牛塩ラーメン)

Marutai Saga Gyu Shio Ramen
      The third my favorite one was Saga Gyu Shio Ramen! If truth be told it was pretty hard to choose the third my favorite one because all of them were so delicious. I am also really impressed at Oita Torigara Soy Sauce Ramen because of its yuzu zest powder, but I finally chose Saga Gyu Shio Ramen. It's only because I've already chosen the other soy sauce ramen, Nagasaki Agodashi, above. 

     The red area on the map is Saga (佐賀), which is a prefecture in the northwest part of the island of Kyushu.
Marutai Saga Gyu Shio Ramen
       Gyu (牛) means beef in Japanese. If you love Japanese foods, you might have heard of famous Kobe Gyu or Kobe Beef (神戸牛), but Saga is also famous for Saga Gyu (佐賀牛), Japanese black cattle, raised in Saga prefecture.  I think it was my first time to try beef bone based ramen. I was really surprised that the soup was so flavorful! It didn't have too much beef broth taste. I think that Saga Gyu Shio Ramen is loved by everyone!
Marutai Saga Gyu Shio Ramen

        My blog entry related to Marutai Saga Gyu Shio Ramen can be seen here.




        Japan is a small country, but it has a lot of unique local food culture. While trying Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series, I felt like as if I were traveling on Kyushu island. :)) It was great experiences for us to try new Japanese foods. I am glad that Maurtai has created such an authentic Kyushu instant ramen! :)

         If you are in Japan, you can find these Marutai ramen at Don Quijote (ドン・キホーテ), which is also called Donki (ドンキ), one of the biggest Japanese discount chain stores in Japan. You might also find some flavor of this series at some supermarkets in Japan as well.



 

      These are my entries related to Marutai Kyusyu Instant Ramen.

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■Kumamoto Tonkotsu Ramen 

■Hakata Nagahama Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kurume Tonkotsu Ramen

■Kagoshima Kurobuta Tonkotsu Ramen

■Saga Gyu Shio Ramen

■Miyazaki Tori Shio Ramen

■Nagasaki Agodashi Soy Sauce Ramen

■Oita Torigara Soy Sauce Ramen




    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



No comments:

Post a Comment