Monday, August 10, 2015

How to Make a Frappuccino Less Watery


        If you have watched my YouTube videos, you might know that I have been making some kinds of Frappuccinos. If you have ever made a Frappuccino at home, you have probably encountered difficulty in making a less watery Frappuccino. Indeed, when I first tried making Mocha Frappuccino, my Frappuccino was pretty watery, so I tried really hard to figure out how to make a less watery one as perfect as Starbucks Frappuccino. Finally, I was satisfied with my Mocha Frappuccino and uploaded this video, How to Make Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino. Today, I'm going to share how to make a thicker Frappuccino with you. :)   


      If you add a pinch of xanthan gum, which increases in viscosity of a liquid, into your blender, your Frappuccino will have nice texture. However, you can actually make delicious Frappuccino without xanthan gum. I'm going to share three important things to make a thicker Frappuccino with you.

1. Chill the Frappuccino Base
      It's very important to cool down all liquid before blending such as espresso. I recommend you to chill the Frappuccino base, which is mixture of espresso, sugar, mocha syrup and milk, in the refrigerator for several hours.

     
2. Take Enough Time for Blending
      If the blending time is not long enough, the Frappuccino will be watery. The length of time depends on your blender, but I always blend my Frappuccino for over 40 seconds.


3. Using Less Liquid Is Better
      Use strong espresso instead of regular coffee because espresso has strong coffee taste with less liquid. If your Frappuccino is still watery, you can try espresso ice cubes (Just freeze your espresso). Espresso ice cubes really works. You can also try instant coffee instead of espresso.


You can also check my Frappuccino recipes.

Mocha Frappuccino
75 cc of espresso
125 cc of milk
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of mocha syrup
1 cup of ice cubes

Mocha Frappuccino (using espresso ice cubes)
100 cc of espresso ice cubes
125 cc of milk
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of mocha syrup
1 cup of ice cubes




       My entries related to coffee can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/coffee


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes


       These are my entries you might like.

■Japanese Drip Coffee Bags - UCC & KEY COFFEE

■How to Make Caramel Macchiato

■How to Make a Frappuccino Less Watery
 
How To Make Espresso Ice Cube Latte

How to Make Thai Iced Coffee - Oliang, Cafe Yen

Trader Joe's Pour-Over Coffee Brewer Review

Two Ways to Make Coffee Granita

How to Make Café de Olla - Mexican Coffee

How to Brew Coffee with Bodum Pour Over Coffee Maker 

How to Make Starbucks Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha Latte

How to Make Starbucks Peppermint Mocha Latte 

How To Make Salted Caramel Mocha Latte

How to Make Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino 

How to Make Affogato, Italian Espresso-based Dessert

How to Make Pumpkin Spice Latte

How to Turn Mason Jars into A Coffee Grinder and Compact Blender

How to Make Nutella Frappuccino

How to Make Iced Caramel Macchiato




No comments:

Post a Comment