Saturday, July 23, 2016

Costco Haul - Tiger Thai Tempura Shrimp

     Today, my husband and I went to Costco and had samples of Tiger Thai Tempura Shrimp there. As you might know, tempura is a Japanese dish of deep fried vegetables and seafood, and it is often chosen one of the most popular Japanese foods. (You can check out my previous entry, Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods.) I sometimes cook vegetable tempura at home and also order tempura bowl at Japanese restaurants sometimes. When we had the samples at Costco, we were impressed at how big shrimps were! I sometimes experienced that the tempura looks big because of too much batter, but the shrimp itself is often too small. I thought this was better than one restaurants serve. :) We decided to purchase this frozen tempura. It has 20 jumbo shrimps and was about $13. It's not too expensive considering that each tempura is pretty big!
        Each pack has 5 pieces of shrimp tempura. (5 pieces x 4 packs) Each pack includes tempura sauce. :)

    We just baked them at 400℉ in my compact toaster oven for 6 minutes. Then, turned them over and baked another 6 minutes.

    Since my kitchen is in the middle of home renovation, I cannot use gas stove now, so I was glad that I could enjoy my favorite Japanese food at home today. :) 
    If you like Japanese tempura and are able to find Tempura Shrimp at Costco, you really should try one. It's very easy to prepare and tastes really great. :)


     My entries related Costco can be seen here.

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking


      These are my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■The Best Japanese Instant Curry! (S&B Golden Curry & House Foods Curry Sauce)

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Japanese Mayonnaise Is the Best!  

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods 

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Costco's Kirkland Signature Tempura Shrimp . Those pic make it look delicious, and the KS brand usually doesn't let me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've tried Kirkland Signature Tempura Shrimp and really loved it. I've written about it in my previous entry, Top 2 My Favorite Japanese Foods from COSTCO Are on Sale!.

      Delete