Monday, June 13, 2016

Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix


My Homemade Japanese Curry
     This weekend, I cooked Japanese curry. As I mentioned in my previous entry, Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods, Japanese curry is one of the most popular Japanese foods. Indeed, I have never seen person who doesn't like Japanese curry regardless of age. :) One day, I brought my homemade Japanese curry to a potluck party in the U.S., and everyone loved it and asked me about its recipe. It's actually very easy to cook it. Because I grew up and lived in Japan most of my life, I've had Japanese curry since I was a little girl. I've tried so many Japanese curry sauce mix so far. Today, I decided to share top 5 most popular Japanese curry sauce mix with you. :) 


1. ゴールデンカレー: Golden Curry by S&B
Golden Curry S&B
     Golden Curry was first released by S&B in 1966 and is one of the longest-selling Japanese curry sauce mix. Golden curry is made from 35 kinds of spices and herbs. It has spicy rich curry flavor. In my opinion, Golden Curry is for adults rather than children.



2. バーモントカレー: Vermont Curry by House Foods
Vermont Curry by House Foods
      Vermont curry was first released by House Foods in 1963 is also one of the longest-selling Japanese curry sauce mix. It was actually inspired by the home remedy from Vermont, US. In 1960s, having apple cider vinegar and honey to improve your health was popular in Japan. House Foods added more apple and honey into curry sauce mix. Vermont curry has rich taste from apple and honey and is less spicy. Before that, curry was thought one of spicy foods for adult, but since Vermont curry was released, Japanese curry has been eaten by everyone from adult to children. Their Mild one is perfect curry for small children. When I was child, I often ate Japanese curry made from Vermont Curry sauce mix at home actually. That's why when it comes to curry, the first thing that comes to my mind is Vermont Curry.



3. ジャワカレー: Java Curry by House Foods
Java Curry by House Foods
     Java Curry was first released by House Foods in 1968. Java Curry is made from savory roasted onion and spices. This curry is really for adults rather than children. Their Hot one is pretty spicy compared to other Japanese curry sauce mix. Although Japanese curry is not extremely hot unlike Thai curry.


4. こくまろカレー: Kokumaro Curry by House Foods
Kokumaro Curry by House Foods
     Kokumaro Curry was first released by House Foods in 1996. Kokumaro Curry is inspired by Japanese house wives' idea that blending two kinds of curry sauce mix to create perfect richer curry flavor. I've often seen Kokumaro Curry was on sale in Japan since it was released. Because it is usually more affordable than other curry sauce mix, I've made curry with it many times in Japan.


5. とろけるカレー: Torokeru Curry (Tasty Curry Sauce Mix) by S&B
Torokeru Curry (Tasty Curry Sauce Mix) by S&B
        Trokeru Curry was first released by S&B in 2001. Torokeru Curry is made from 20 kinds of vegetables and beef broth to create richer flavor. Torokeru Curry is also often on sale in Japan and the U.S., where I live now. That's why I've often used this curry sauce mix. Actually this weekend, I cooked Japanese curry with Trokeru Curry sauce mix. It turned out great like always. :)



       These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■The Best Japanese Instant Curry! (S&B Golden Curry & House Foods Curry Sauce)

■Japanese Mayonnaise Is the Best! 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan



No comments:

Post a Comment