Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

       Because I grew up and lived in Japan for most of my life, I have tried so many Japanese products so far. I live in the U.S. now, and occasionally some people have asked me which Japanese products I recommend for them. I thought that it's good idea to share excellent Japanese products for people who have never lived in Japan through my blog. If you are not familiar with Japanese foods but are interested in Japan, this entry is perfect for you. :) I'm going to share top 10 products you should buy at Japanese supermarkets. All products I recommend in this entry are very popular in Japan and easy to enjoy.


No.1 :  Instant Miso Soup
    If you have been to Japanese restaurants, I guess you have tried miso soup there. As you might know, miso soup is a traditional Japanese soup. Indeed, when I was little, I used to eat it every morning and sometimes with dinner. If you don't have time to make miso soup, you should try instant miso soup. It's incredibly easy to make. Just add hot water! It's optional, but I always add freshly chopped green onion in it.
Instant Miso Soup

 





No.2 :  Japanese Curry Retort Pouch
      I have never seen people who don't like Japanese curry. :) However, most people who have never lived in Japan don't know how to make it. If you are too busy to make it, you can try retort pouch! Just place the pouch into boiling water, and boil for 3-5 minutes. It's so easy and delicious. :)
Japanese Curry Retort Pouch

      

This is my entry related to Japanese instant curry.
■The Best Japanese Instant Curry! (S&B Golden Curry & House Foods Curry Sauce)





No.3 :  Daisho Aji Shio Kosho (Seasoning Salt and Pepper)
      It's a combination of salt, black pepper, extract and so on. It is very convenient to season foods. I believe that most Japanese people have ones at their kitchens. You can season anything you like with Daisho Aji Shio Kosho. :)
Daisho Aji Shio Kosho







No.4 :  Angelo Pietro Original Dressing
       Pietro dressing has been my most favorite Japanese salad dressing since I was little. Actually, my American friend is also really into this dressing.
Angelo Pietro Original Dressing







No.5 :  Itoen Roasted Barley Tea
     Roasted barley tea is a caffeine-free, roasted-grain-based infusion made from barley. Japanese people drink cold barley tea during summer. The tea bag contains ground barley. You can put 1 tea bag into 1000ml of cold water. Brew in a refrigerator for two hours or so. Take off the tea bag, and you can savor the taste. :)
Itoen Roasted Barley Tea







No.6 :  Japanese Drip Coffee Bags
       I mentioned these products in my previous entry. These were cleverly made to make perfect brewed coffee very easily. Each bag has fresh ground coffee and a holder. You can brew perfect coffee wherever if you have hot water and a cup.
Japanese Drip Coffee Bags

      

This is my entry related to Japanese Drip Coffee Bags.
■Japanese Drip Coffee Bags - UCC & KEY COFFEE





No.7 :  Kewpie Mayonnaise
       Japanese mayonnaise tastes better to me, and Kewpie Mayonnaise is the best of the best. They are rich and creamy. Did you know that typical Japanese mayonnaise comes in a squeezable tube? 
Kewpie Mayonnaise



This is my entry related to Japanese Mayonnaise.
■Japanese Mayonnaise Is the Best!




No.8 : Kewpie Pasta Sauce
       Have you ever tried Mentaiko Pasta? Mentaiko is the marinated roe of pollock and cod is a common ingredient in Japanese cuisine. Kewpie mentaiko pasta sauce has rich and creamy tastes. Just add it on cooked pasta. You might be surprised at how delicious Japanese pasta is!
Kewpie Pasta Sauce






No.9 :  House Foods Fruitche
      Fruitch is a dessert created by House foods. When I was little, I sometimes make Fruitche. Just add milk, and stir them until it has thickened.

House Foods Fruitche



No.10 :  Instant Yakisoba Noodle
        As I mentioned in my previous entry, when I visit Japan, I always buy some Japanese instant noodle. There are so many kinds of Japanese instant noodle at Japanese supermarkets. You might think instant noodle at Japanese supermarket is much more expensive than ones at American supermarkets. However, Japanese ones are taste much better to me.

Instant Yakisoba Noodle






       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■10 Best Japanese Beauty Products on Amazon Japan, You Can Also Purchase Them at Drugstores in Japan

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 5 Japanese Sunscreen Products

■The Most Popular Facial Sheet Masks in Japan

■The Best Japanese Shampoo & Conditioner


■Top 5 Life-Changing Japanese Beauty Products  

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Bath Salt Brands



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.






2 comments:

  1. Hello! Saw that you lived in Japan. I am visiting Osaka, Kyoto, Hokkaido and just a day at Narita.. I am trying to find some food items and im wondering if you can help me?

    sam.sherlyn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete