Monday, August 31, 2015

How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

       As I mentioned in my previous entry, I made Japanese deep fried chicken for dinner last Saturday. In Japan, deep fried chicken is called "kara-age" or "wafu kara-age." Kara-age in Japan usually tastes different from regular deep fried chicken in the U.S. It's crispy, juicy and savory. Fresh chicken thighs are usually marinated in some seasoning including soy sauce, garlic, and etc. Then, those are lightly coated with potato starch, which is called katakuriko (片栗粉) in Japanese. By using potato starch, you can make nice and crispy kara-age. :)  Kara-age is one of my favorite Japanese foods, and I think it is also loved by everyone regardless of race. If you have never tried Japanese deep fried chickens, you really should try them, and I think you will definitely fall in love with them. :) You can find kara-age at most authentic Japanese restaurants, and you can also cook kara-age at home. Today, I'm going to share how to cook kara age with you.
Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-age (唐揚げ)

Ingredients

2 pounds of chicken thighs (cut them into bite sizes)
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sake
2 teaspoon of sugar
2 teaspoon of grated ginger
2 teaspoon of grated garlic
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
4 tablespoons of potato starch
vegetable oil (for deep-fry)


1. Mix soy sauce, sake, sugar, ginger, garlic and sesame oil.

2. Marinate chicken in mixture for an hour.

3. Add potato starch and mix them thoroughly.

4. Deep-fry them until cooked.

5. Enjoy!



    This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

    This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment