Thursday, November 24, 2016

Sara Udon, Japanese Plate Noodles - What My Husband Cooked


Sara Udon (皿うどん)
     Today, my hsuband cooked this sara udon for our lunch. Sara udon (皿うどん) is Japanese crispy deep-fried noodles and topped with stir-fried vegetable and thick soup. Sara (皿) in Japanese means plate. If you like Japanese noodles, you have probably heard udon (うどん) before. Typical udon noodles are white thick noodles, but sara udon is not typical udon. The noodles used for sara udon are usually very thin and so crispy.

     He used instant sara udon noodles to make it. Today, we first thought that we got this from my mother-in-law because she has sent us sara udon noodles before. However, we finally remembered that we bought this at Japanese supermarket in the U.S. months ago. :) If you live in the U.S., you can find instant sara udon noodles at many Japanese supermarkets. By the way, Nagasaki (長崎) is famous for sara udon. We've also found it a liking for Marutai Nagasaki Ramen these days. :)
Instant Sara Udon Noodles



    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.
■Sara Udon

■Japanese Breads Haul - Convenience Stores in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Japanese Instant Noodle Haul

■Japanese Cup Noodle Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



No comments:

Post a Comment