Saturday, May 27, 2017

How to Cook Simmered Zenmai, Japanese Flowering Fern

     Tonight, I cooked chikuzenni and simmered zenmai (ゼンマイの煮物), which is one of my favorite Japanese side dishes. Zenmai is Japanese flowering fern, which is edible wild vegetable and eaten in some Asian countries including Japan. You can find boiled zenmai at Japanese and Korean supermarkets. By the way, I bought it for about $3 at Korean supermarket. Anyway, today, I'm going to share how to cook simmered zenmai with you.  

Ingredients
1 lb of boiled zenmai (cut them into 1 to 2 inches length)
1/2 cups of carrot (cut them into strips)
1 pack of konnyaku noodles (cut them into 1 to 2 inches length)
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of sake
6 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 dried red pepper (cut them finely)
1 tablespoon of oil



Boiled Zenmai (Cut them into 1 to 2 inches length.)

Konnyaku Noodles (Cut them into 1 to 2 inches length.)

Carrots (Cut them into strips.)

Dried Red Pepper (Cut them finely.)



 1. Heat the oil and dried red pepper in a pan over high heat.


2. Add zennmai, konnyaku noodles and carrots. Stir-fry them for 5 minutes.


3. Add sugar and stir thoroughly.


4. Add sake and soy sauce. Simmer it until until water evaporates.


5. Enjoy!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




       These are also my entries you might like.

■How to Make Nikujaga, A Traditional Japanese Stew

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken




No comments:

Post a Comment