Thursday, October 16, 2014

Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul

      If you are seafood lover, you might want to go to Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo, Japan. It is the biggest wholesale fish market in the world. You can find the finest seafood there. While my husband was on his business trip for five days in Japan, he decided to stay overnight at the hotel which was located very closed to Tsukiji fish market only because he wanted to eat the best fresh sushi in Japan. Eventually, he went to Tsukiji fish market twice! I'll write about his extraordinarily experience of fresh sushi there next time. Before he went to Japan, he told me that he would buy something seafood products for me. I'm going to share what he bought there with you.
Tsukiji Fish Market Haul

      These are dried fish made of mackerel for as snacks. You can eat whole dried fish including fish skin, tail, and dorsal fin without cooking. These were 350 yen each.
Dried Fish

      Because I love fish, these look good to me. Believe it or not, these smell and taste so good! These have sweet and soy souse taste.
Dried Fish
        These are tsukudani, boiled fish in soy sauce, made of tuna. These were 1000 yen for three.
Tsukudani
        These will be perfect with steamed rice! :)
Tsukudani

      These are dried tuna flakes, called maguro-kezuri-bushi in Japanese. These were 200 yen each.
Dried Tuna Flakes

       I will put these on tofu and okonomiyaki. :)
Dried Tuna Flakes
       
     This is my YouTube video which he recorded at Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo.



       My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Must%20Go%20to%20Place%20in%20Japan


     These are also my entries you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso

Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, that's a great idea for souvenirs. I really love those "fish candies"! So healthy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete