Monday, May 1, 2017

How to Make Easy Japanese Flan

      Today, I made these Japanese flans, which are called purin (プリン) in Japanese. When I lived in Japan, I used to purchase some kinds of flans (regular flan, coffee flan, matcha flan and so on) at convenience stores and supermarkets. If you are planning on visiting Japan, you should find delicious Japanese desserts (usually about 150 yen to 350 yen) at convenience store there. Since I live in the U.S. now, it's very hard to find Japanese flan here. That's why when I miss Japanese flan, I make one at home. Actually, making Japanese flan is pretty easy. Today, I'm going to share how to make easy Japanese flan with you. 

Ingredients (6 Servings)
4 Eggs (Beaten)
6 Tablespoons of Sugar
2 Cups of Milk 

Garnish
Strawberries (Sliced)
Whipped Heavy Cream
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder



 1. Mix beaten eggs and sugar, and stir them well with a whisk. Then, add milk. Stir mixture well.


2. Strain mixture through a fine tea strainer into custard cups.


3. Cover the cups with foil.



4. Boil a large pan. Turn off the heat, and place the cups into boiling water.



5. Cover the lid and turn on the heat. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.

6. Turn off the heat and wait for another 10 minutes.



7. Take off the cups from the pan. Let them cool in room temperature. Then, chill the cups for over four hours in the refrigerator. 




8. Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream. Sprinkle cocoa powder over it. Enjoy!



     By the way, I uploaded this video, How to Make Creamy Japanese Coffee Flan, on my YouTube Channel last year. Making coffee flan is also very easy. :)


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




       These are also my entries you might like.

■Starbucks Japan - Popular Dessert, Chocolate Flan & Custard Flan

■How to Make Creamy Coffee Flan

■Glico Flan App - The Most Exciting App Ever

■The Best Soft Serve Ice Cream in Japan - KIHACHI

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken





No comments:

Post a Comment