Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Favorite Okara Chocolate Cake & Okara Recipes

      Last weekend, my husband and I made Japanese okara chocolate cake again because the one we previously baked was so delicious! Seriously, it's like one that Japanese bakeries sell. This time, we baked two times larger one. :)

Ingredients
40g (1.4 oz) of Butter (Melted)
4 Egg Yolks
40g (1.4 oz) of Honey
200g (7 oz) of Milk
80g (2.8 oz) of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
200g (7 oz) of Fresh Okara
4 Egg Whites
150g (5.1 oz) of Sugar


       We had it with strawberries and whipped heavy cream. Then, we tried it with orange and whipped heavy cream. Finally, we had it with bananas and whipped heavy cream. I liked all of them, but I think that strawberry one was the best. He told me that orange was not perfect with this chocolate cake, but I liked it actually. :)
        I told him, "On our birthdays, we should buy okara instead of purchasing birthday cake at a bakery." I was not kidding! :D

     As I mentioned in my previous entry, okara is tofu byproducts. Tofu lees, soy pulp, is called okara in Japanese. Okara is high nutrient food and is high in protein and fiber. It's a really healthy food you should add to your diet. :)
Fresh Okara
       
Fresh Okara
       In my previous entries, I shared with you some recipes with using fresh okara. If you are interested in okara recipes, you can check these out.

■How To Make Healthy Okara Chocolate Cake, Protein Chocolate Cake
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2017/04/how-to-make-healthy-okara-chocolate.html



■How to Bake Crunchy Okara Cookies - Healthy Protein Cookies
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2017/04/how-to-bake-crunchy-okara-cookies.html



■How to Cook Wafu Okara Hamburg Steaks
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2017/04/how-to-cook-wafu-okara-hamburg-steaks.html



■How to Make Italian Hamburg Steak with Okara, Japanese Style Salisbury Steak
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2016/05/how-to-make-italian-hamburg-steak-with.html



■How to Make Curry Flavored Unohana - Okara Recipe
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/2016/02/how-to-make-curry-flavored-unohana.html



    I also like okara donuts, okara meat balls, okara matcha cake and so on. I hope I will share more of okara recipes with you in my future entries. :)




    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




       These are also my entries you might like.

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew

■How to Cook Soboro Don, Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken


No comments:

Post a Comment