Wednesday, May 4, 2016

How to Make Italian Hamburg Steak with Okara, Japanese Style Salisbury Steak

     As I mentioned in my yesterday's entry, I purchased okara, tofu byproduct, at Japanese supermarket. I cooked stewed Italian hamburg steak with okara last week. Even though its name is Italian hamburg steak, it's not Italian foods. Japan often names "Italian" or "Naporitan" for Japanese dishes made of tomato and cheese. :) Probably, I should call "Japanese stewed okara hamburg steak with tomato and cheese sauce" for this Japanese dish.

      This was okara I purchased at Japanese supermarket. Usually, okara spoils pretty quickly. You can keep okara fresh in refrigerator up to 1 to 3 days. When you purchase okara, you should use it up as soon as possible, or you can store it in freezer for two to three months. When I came back from Japanese supermarket, I divided okara into several (50g or 100g each) and warped them with plastic wrap. Then, store them in freezer.
Okara, Tofu Byproduct, Tofu Lees

     By using okara for hamburg steak, it's healthier than ordinarily one. Because okara is made of soy beans, it is rich in protein and fiber. :) However, if you use only okara as a substitute for beef, it doesn't taste like meat, so I use okara only third part of beef. Anyway, I'm going to share how to make this okara hamburg steak with you.
Japanese Style Italian Hamburg Steak

◇Ingredients for okara hamburg steaks (4 Servings)◇

1/2 cup of panko
1 tablespoon of milk
150g (0.3 lb, 5 oz) of ground beef (or ground beef and pork)
50 g (0.1 lb, 1.7oz) of okara
1 onion (minced)
1 egg (beaten)
nip of salt and pepper



◇Ingredient for Italian sauce◇
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce or vegetable & fruit sauce
1 clove of garlic (grated)
1 teaspoon of bouillon powder
1/2 cup of red wine
1 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
    


1. Mix panko and milk.

2. Put the mixture of panko and milk, ground beef, okara, onion, egg, salt and pepper into a bowl of a stand mixer. Mix them for 5 minutes.

3. Make 4 oval hamburg patties.

4. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute them until they're browned on the both sides.

5. Take the hamburg steaks out from a pan (Be sure to leave the meat juice in the pan).

6. Put tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bouillon powder, wine, butter and cheese into the pan. Simmer it over medium heat for 5 minutes. Then, add the hamburg steaks into the pan.

7. Simmer for another 5 minutes.

8. Serve and Enjoy!

       These are also my entries you might like.

■How To Make Wafu Hamburg Steak - Japanese Style Salisbury Steak

■Okara, Tofu Lees, Soy Pulp - Healthy Japanese Foods

■How to Make Curry Flavored Unohana - Okara Recipe 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment