Saturday, June 7, 2014

Memorial Day Travel - Part 9, Numerous Cacti in Arizona

      On May 26, we headed toward Phoenix after exploring Sedona. While we were driving through I-17, we saw numerous tree-like cacti everywhere! After searching about these on Internet, I leaned that these cacti are saguaro, Carnegiea gigantea, which can be grown to be 70ft (20ml) tall. The saguaro blossom is the State Wildflower of Arizona. I had never seen such a number of wild cacti at one time. During this our travel, I was amazed at how magnificent Arizona scenery were so many times, such as Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, and Grand Canyon. However, this scenery was also one of unforgettably impressive views of Arizona for me.
Saguaro

Saguaro

Saguaro

     While we were driving through I-10, we saw the beautiful sunset.


     When I saw this wind farm in Palm Springs, I noticed that we came back Southern California.
Wind Farm in Palm Springs



     I uploaded my Youtube video which I recorded on I-17 and I-10.



     These are my entries related to this our Memorial Day travel.
Memorial Day Travel - Part 1, Headed toward St. George, Utah

Red Ginger in St. George, Utah

Motel 6 St. George, Utah - Review

Memorial Day Travel - Part 2, Carl Hayden Visitor Center & Glen Canyon Dam

Memorial Day Travel - Part 3, Lower Antelope Canyon

Memorial Day Travel - Part 4, Horseshoe Bend Overlook

Memorial Day Travel - Part 5, Grand Canyon Sunset

Memorial Day Travel - Part 6, Souvenir in Grand Canyon

Quality Inn Flagstaff - Review

Memorial Day Travel - Part 7, Mexican Restaurant, Los Altenos Restaurant

Memorial Day Travel - Part 8, Sedona, Driving in Smoke from the Wildfires

Memorial Day Travel - Part 9, Numerous Cacti in Arizona


     These are my Youtube videos which I recorded during this travel.
















No comments:

Post a Comment