Friday, June 20, 2014

USPS Forever Stamp - Global Forever Stamps & Pixar Animation Domestic Forever Stamp

     I bought global stamps few weeks ago. Global stamps can be used to mail a one-ounce letter to any country to which First-Class Mail International service is available. Which means that I don't have to go to post office to send a one-ounce letter to Japan. These are very convenient for me.

Global Forever: Sea Surface Temperatures Stamps
      However, when I needed to send an under-2-ounce letter which is more than one ounce, I went to post office to buy $2.13 stamp. It's because global forever stamp is equivalent to only $1.15.

      Today, I asked a post office staff if I can send my 1.7-ounce letter with using one global forever stamp and two domestic forever stamps, which are equivalent to $2.13 in total. She said, "of course!" That was very good news for me!

     First Class International Mail Price (1/26/2014)
  (Letter )
・less than 1 ounce $1.15 ; You can send it with using one global forever stamp.
・less than 2 ounces $2.13 ; You can send it with using one global forever stamp and two domestic forever stamps.
・less than 3 ounces $3.12 ; You can send it with using one global forever stamp and four domestic forever stamps and one 1¢ stamp.

     In order to avoid going to the crowded post office very often, I decided to buy more of forever stamps at the post office. Do you know that global forever stamp is round shape, and domestic forever stamp is square shape?


      I asked a post office staff if they had any interesting forever stamps. She showed the list with pictures of forever stamps. There were many interesting designed ones available. I finally chose this sheet of 20 stamps, Send-a-Hello-Stamps. These Pixar Animation forever stamps are super cute!

Send-a-Hello-Stamps
Send-a-Hello-Stamps


Issue Date: August 19, 2011
Art Director/Designer: Terrence McCaffrey, William Gicker

Lightning McQueen and Mater from Cars (2006)


Remy the rat and Linguini from Ratatouille (2007)


Buzz Lightyear and two of the green, three-eyed aliens from Toy Story (1995)


Carl Fredricksen and Dug from Up (2009)


The robot WALL•E from WALL•E (2008).


      I used to buy a 100 sheet of domestic forever stamps at Costco, but the design was very simple. If I have a chance to go to a post office next time, I'll buy more of unique designed domestic forever stamps. However, I think I don't have to go there for a while because I bought a lot of stamps to avoid going to the congested post office.

Domestic Forever Stamps



     My entries related to USPS stamps can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/USPS%20stamps

      You can check and buy stamps at Official USPS Store on Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment