Monday, June 16, 2014

Starbucks Haul

Starbucks Matcha Frappuccino

      Yesterday, my husband and I went to Starbucks to purchase a tumbler. He used to take some bottles of water to his work place on weekdays. Bottles of water in the U.S. are very inexpensive, so we used to often purchase a 24-bottles of water for around $2 to $3. If you see the symbol of CA CASH REFUND or CA CRV on beverage plastic bottles, those are eligible to be recycled for cash in California. When you purchase beverage bottle in CA, you need to pay for additional 5 cents for each bottle, but you can get 5 cents back by taking the empty bottle to recycle center. We periodically take empty bottles there to get cash back. However, my husband told me that even though bottles of water are inexpensive and very convenient, it's waste of our time to keep the empty bottles and take them to the recycle center. In addition, going to the recycle center cost expensive gas fee, and it's not environmentally friendly. That's why he has decided to buy a reusable tumbler for taking water to his work place. Since Starbucks tumbler carries pretty big functional tumblers, he ended up purchasing this Starbucks® Cold Cup tumbler for 24 fl oz. It was $10.95 plus tax.

Starbucks® Cold Cup tumbler for 24 fl oz

      Even thought we have some Starbucks stainless tumblers, it was our first time to purchase their plastic one. When we purchased this, we thought that this tumbler wouldn't keep drink cool because it was made of plastic, but it was okay for him because he just wanted to keep water in it. He used it today and told me that this tumbler kept his water cool longer. He told me that it was much better than my Disney stainless tumbler, which I bought at California Disneyland Park many years ago. By the way, I was disappointed in my Disney tumbler because while it was pricey, it doesn't keep my drink cool at all, so that's why I am pretty picky about tumbler. After reading that description for this Starbucks tumbler on their website, I was surprised that this tumbler is double wall construction which helps keep iced drink cool. We have never been disappointed in their tumblers so far. They always make pretty functional tumblers.

     While he was purchasing his tumbler, I found this Tazo Chocolate Chai Latte. It was originally $4.95 but was on clearance for $2.95, so I decided to try it. :)
Tazo® Chai Tea Latte Concentrate

     Today, I made hot and cold chai tea with this concentrate and milk. We love hot chai latte more than cold one. Both of them has decent taste though. I loved it! Next time, I will try it with soy milk. :)
Tazo® Chai Tea Latte Concentrate



        This is my entries related to our Starbucks collections.
 http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Starbucks%20mugs

No comments:

Post a Comment