Friday, June 6, 2014

Memorial Day Travel - Part 8, Sedona, Driving in Smoke from the Wildfires

      On May 26, my husband and I headed toward Sedona before going back home. We tried to take State Route 89, but the police officer, who was standing on the road, told us that the route 89 was closed, and we had to use I-17 in order to go to Sedona. He didn't say it's because of the wildfires but we thought so. As soon as we took I-17, we ran into smoke from the wildfires. It also looked like dense fog, but we were sure it was smoke because we noticed the obvious smell of smoke.

I-17 Flagstaff to Sedona
     I uploaded my Youtube video which I recorded on I-17.


     After driving in smoke from the wildfires, we finally arrived in Sedona.


     The visibility was still poor in Sedona though. When we went to Sedona in 2012, we were able to see the red-rock backdrop clearly.
Sedona

Sedona

Sedona

Sedona

Sedona

Sedona

Sedona


      After exploring in Sedona, we bought the fridge magnet at the gift shop.



      Then, we headed toward Phoenix before going back home.

      I uploaded my Youtube video which I recorded in Sedona.


     These are my entries related to this our Memorial Day travel.
Memorial Day Travel - Part 1, Headed toward St. George, Utah

Red Ginger in St. George, Utah

Motel 6 St. George, Utah - Review

Memorial Day Travel - Part 2, Carl Hayden Visitor Center & Glen Canyon Dam

Memorial Day Travel - Part 3, Lower Antelope Canyon

Memorial Day Travel - Part 4, Horseshoe Bend Overlook

Memorial Day Travel - Part 5, Grand Canyon Sunset

Memorial Day Travel - Part 6, Souvenir in Grand Canyon

Quality Inn Flagstaff - Review

Memorial Day Travel - Part 7, Mexican Restaurant, Los Altenos Restaurant

Memorial Day Travel - Part 8, Sedona, Driving in Smoke from the Wildfires

Memorial Day Travel - Part 9, Numerous Cacti in Arizona


No comments:

Post a Comment