Friday, March 18, 2016

How to Make Mabo Nasu

     This week, I cooked mabo nasu, stir-fired eggplant with ground pork and doubanjiang. Nasu means eggplant in Japanese. When I was in Japan, I loved mabo tofu and mabo nasu. It was very easy and tasted good! I'm going to share with you how to make it. I hope you can make it. :)
Mabo Nasu

Ingredients (4 servings)

1 inch of ginger
1/2 bulb of garlic
1/2 pound of pork
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of toubanjiang
3 eggplants (cut into bite sizes)
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of potato starch (mixed with 3 tablespoons of water)
1/2 cup of green onions (finely chopped)


1. Put ginger and garlic into a food processor. Grind them. Then, add pork into it. Grind them.

2. Heat sesame oil into a pan over high heat. Stir-fry ground ginger, garlic and pork.

3. When pork is fully cooked, add toubanjiang.

4. Add eggplants and stir-fry them for 3 minutes.

5. Add water and cover the lid.

6. When eggplants are fully cooked, add potato starch mixed with water into a pan, and stir them thoroughly.

7. Serve and top with green onions.

8. Enjoy!



     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets




No comments:

Post a Comment