Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Seal and Sea Lion Pupping Season in La Jolla

        As I mentioned in my previous entries, my husband and I went to San Diego and took a walk around La Jolla Cove. Because it's seal and sea lion pupping season, we were able to see some adorable pups there! I took pictures with my camera, Canon PowerShot SX50, which allows to take pictures with a 50x optical zoom. :)


       As you can see the photo above, so many seals were lying on beach.
Seals

Seals

Seal

Seal

Seal

Seal

Seals

Seal
      There were some groups of California sea lions resting on the rocky shore.
California Sea Lions

California Sea Lions

California Sea Lions
     At the La Jolla Cove, there were some mother sea lions with some small pups on the beach.
California Sea Lions
      I thought the biggest sea lion in this group was male. A male sea lion is usually larger than female and has a thicker neck.
California Sea Lions

California Sea Lions

California Sea Lions

California Sea Lions
      They were walking on all four legs on the beach.
California Sea Lions

California Sea Lions

California Sea Lion

California Sea Lions


       My entries related to La Jolla can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/La%20Jolla%20Beach


No comments:

Post a Comment