Sunday, December 18, 2016

Karaage Bento, Japanese Deep-Fried Chicken Combo Bento Box

      Today, my husband and I went to our local Japanese supermarket and found that all bento boxes were 50% off! We decided to purchase karaage combo bento boxes for our dinner. :)  Two bento boxes were only $6.99! :))) 
Bento Boxes at Japanese Supermarket

       We microwaved them and served them on plates. It had deep fried chicken, nikujaga, kinpira gobo, Japanese radish pickles, and steamed rice with wild plants. We added some grape tomatoes.
Karaage Bento, Japanese Deep-Fried Chicken Combo Bento Box
Karaage (唐揚げ):Japanese Deep-Fried Chicken
Nikujaga (肉じゃが): Japanese Style Beef And Potato Stew
Kinpiragobo (きんぴらごぼう):Kinpira-Style Sauteed Burdock
Sakura Zuke Daikon (さくら漬け大根):Sakura-Colored Daikon Radish Pickles
Sansai Gohan (山菜ごはん):Steamed Rice with Wild Plants
Sengiri Cabbage (千切りキャベツ):Shredded Cabbage


      Today, we also bought a pack of soft tofu and cooked tofu miso soup for dinner. 
Tofu Miso Soup

       Frankly, our homemade deep-fried chicken tastes much better than these, but they were also pretty good. I enjoyed today's dinner. :)
Karaage Bento & Miso Soup

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipe can be seen here.


       These are my entries you might like.
■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Make Nikujaga, A Traditional Japanese Stew

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso 


No comments:

Post a Comment