Thursday, May 12, 2016

How to Cook Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

      Tamagoyaki (玉子焼き, 卵焼き) is a type of Japanese omelette. Tamago (玉子, 卵) means egg in Japanese, and yaki (焼き) means grilled. Tamagoyaki is often eaten for breakfast in Japan. It's also perfect with a bento box, a Japanese style lunch box. When I was a high school student in Japan, I actually cooked tamagoyaki to take it to my school almost everyday for 3 years. :) I made many different kinds of tamagoyaki back then. The ingredients I used for tamagoyaki were depending on what in my refrigerator such as green onion, nori, mentaiko, cheese and sausage. Seasoning for tamagoyaki is vary based on your preference. My grandmother loved sweet and slightly salty one. My husband likes salty one. I love tamagoyaki seasoned with mayonnaise, sugar and a little salt. :) I also sometimes use hondashi to make dashimaki tamago.

     Last month, I cooked green onion tamagoyaki, so I'm going to share the recipe with you.

Ingredents (2 Servings)

3 eggs (beaten)
1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoons of sugar
1/4 teaspoons of salt
1/2 cups of green onion (chopped)
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil


1. Mix eggs, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and green onion.

2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. When the pan became very hot, pour half of the mixture into the pan. Stir it lightly.

3. Start rolling into a log in the pan. Move it to the side, and pour the rest of the mixture into a pan. Then roll it again. (If you prefer thin layers, you can add mixtures only a little at a time, and repeat this step.)

4. Take it out from the pan. Cut it into several pieces as you like.

5. Serve and enjoy!


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking

     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

       These are my entries you might like.

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso



No comments:

Post a Comment