Thursday, December 15, 2016

Savory Deep-Fried Chi-Ai Tuna - What My Husband Cooked

     Last weekend, my husband and I went to Japanese supermarket, and he told me that he really wanted to cook deep-fried chi-ai tuna again because that chi-ai tuna looked so fresh. As I mentioned in my previous entry, chi-ai tuna (血合いマグロ) is meat of tuna that is dark red with blood coming from parts close to the spine. It is nutrient-rich food, which contains iron, taurine, vitamin A, D, B1 and B6. Moreover, it decreases bad cholesterol, LDL cholesterol. We cooked deep-fried chi-ai tuna (血合いマグロの龍田揚げ) for our first time last year, and we loved it very much. When we go to Japanese supermarket, he always check how fresh chi-ai tuna is. He told me, "This is the freshest chi-ai tuna I've ever seen!"

      As he told me, it was very fresh, and it turned out very delicious savory deep-fried chi-ai tuna. It had garlic soy sauce flavor. :) I seriously couldn't stop eating it!   If you are interested in the recipe, you can check out my previous entry, How to Cook Deep Fried Chi-ai Tuna, Tatsuta-age.
Deep-Fried Chi-Ai Tuna

      He also deep-fried some shishitos (獅子唐), Japanese peppers. Deep-fried shishito (獅子唐の天ぷら) is one of my favorite kinds of vegetable tempura. :) I had them with a dipping ponzu sauce, Ajipon, the most popular citrus seasoned soy sauce in Japan.
Deep-Fried Shishitos


    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.

    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.


       These are also my entries you might like.
■ Excellent Fresh Seafood at Japanese Supermarket

■ How to Cook Deep Fried Chi-ai Tuna, Tatsuta-age

■ How to Cook Miso Soup

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo, Japan - Haul (2014) 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


No comments:

Post a Comment