Monday, April 21, 2014

Otokomae Tofuten - The Best Japanese Tofu Ever

     I bought this funny looking tofu at supermarket in Japan. I was always interested in this tofu because of this package. This tofu was made by Otokomae Tofuten. I thought their tofu was usually pretty expensive. However, a three-piece silky tofu was 99 yen that day, so I couldn't resist buying it. :)


 
     Tonight, my parents and I had this tofu for dinner. This tofu was divided in three pieces.

     I ate it with soy sauce and dried bonito flakes. I was surprised that this tofu was very rich in taste. In addition, it was very silken texture and melted in my mouth. Obviously, this is the best tofu I've ever purchased at supermarket. I really liked it! My mother was also impressed at this tofu too. :)

     According to website of the manufacture, Otokomae Tofuten, they makes 24 kinds of tofu now. All of them are very interesting looking. Moreover, their website is super funny. You should check it out! :)
http://otokomae.jp/index.html




      I have seen their tofu at Japanese supermarkets in the U.S., but those were way too expensive for me. I guess those are around $5 each in the U.S. Therefore, I'll check more of their tofu while I am in Japan.


     My entries about Otokomae Tofuten can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Otokomae%20Tofuten


     This is also my entry you might like.
Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

No comments:

Post a Comment