Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hirado City Nagasaki Prefecture - The Best Place to Eat Halibut in Japan

     Yesterday, my parents, my brother and I went to Hirado city Nagasaki prefecture to eat fresh fish. My brother sometimes takes my parents to this seafood restaurant, Yutaka Zushi. It takes three hours from my parents' home, but it's worth driving so long. Hirado city is one of the best places to eat fresh fish in Japan, especially halibut, which is called hirame in Japanese. Their fresh fish is quite decent and very delicious. It was my first time to go there, so I was pretty excited this road trip. :)

     We arrived there at 6:30 p.m. It was not crowded at all. We were shown into the parlor with tatami flooring .
Yutaka Zushi (豊鮨)

     We ordered this sashimi plate, which includes fresh ibacus, turban shell, squid, halibut, and etc. I had never seen ibacus, which is a genus of slipper lobsters, before. The ibacus was very fresh because it was still moving.

     My parents and my brother ordered the halibut set meals. I also ate the tempura, which was crisp and good. :)
Flatfish Set Meal

     I ordered the fresh halibut bowl set. I liked that there was ibacus in miso soup. The sashimi was very fresh, but I didn't really like their source for the bowl. It tasted like a bit of sake.
Fresh Flatfish Bowl


     We ate a lot, and I was satisfied with their fresh fish. If I have a chance to go there, I will order their halibut set meal next time. :)




豊鮨
〒859-5115 長崎県平戸市新町101

Yutaka Zushi
101 Shinmachi Hiradoshi, Nagasaki 859-5115


     My entries related to Japan can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/Japan

No comments:

Post a Comment