Friday, February 24, 2017

Milmake - My Favorite Japanese School Lunch


    Did you know that Japan has the best school lunch program? Japanese public elementary schools and middle schools provide healthy school lunch every day, so all children eat same school lunch in their class room. When I was a child, I really liked lunch time because school lunch was so delicious! (I think most children in Japan love their school lunch too.) One day, my mother told me that she didn't have to think too much about cooking the most nutritious and balanced diet because schools always provide healthy foods to children. The school lunch program is kind of helpful for busy mom. :) In addition, school lunch is very affordable.

     Even though I loved school lunch so much, I didn't really like milk when I was a child. Japanese school lunch menu always has a glass of milk as one of healthy drinks, and I drunk it every day anyway. When they provided Milmake (ミルメーク), I thought it was magical powder!
Milmake
        Milmake is a pack of supplemental powder which contains calcium, vitamin A, B1, B2 and etc, and can add delicious flavor to milk such as coffee, cocoa and strawberry flavors. The school provided Milmake only once in a while, but I really loved it. Just add it to milk and stir with a long straw.
Milmake
       In 1967, Oshima Syokuhin Kogyo (大島食品工業) released Milmake and hoped children who disliked milk would enjoy drinking milk in schools, and it really worked! It's been 50 years since they released it. Many Japanese people have had Milmake when they were children, and they loved it just like I did. :)

      When I visit Japan next time, I definitely get some Milmake! I'm not sure if I still like my childhood favorite foods, but I want to have it in the first time in ages. :) You can purchase Milmake at some supermarkets and 100 yen shops in Japan. I'll buy one on Amazon Japan though. :) You can check out my previous entry, Is It Good or Bad? - Amazon Japan Convenience Store Pickup. By the way, Milmake has eight kinds flavors, coffee, cocoa, strawberry, banana, melon, matcha kinako, caramel and black tea. My favorite ones were coffee and cocoa ones. :)
Milmake


 

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■Japanese Breads Haul - Convenience Stores in Japan

■Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo - Japan Haul (Oct 2016)

■What He Got at Haneda Airport, Tokyo International Airport - Japan Haul

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Japanese Drugstore Shopping List - 6 Best Japanese Products You Can Purchase at Drugstore in Japan!

■Myojo Chukazanmai, The Best Japanese Instant Noodles!

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets





No comments:

Post a Comment