Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Genmaicha, Japanese Green Tea with Roasted Brown Rice

    Have you ever tried genmaicha?  Genmaicha (玄米茶) is Japanese green tea combined with roasted brown rice. Genmai (玄米) means brown rice, and cha (茶) means tea in Japanese. The roasted rice adds savory nutty tastes and roasted aroma to the tea. If you are a tea lover and haven't had it before, you should try savory Japanese genmaicha. It's usually cheaper than Japanese green tea. :)
       When I have sushi or Japanese sweets, I want to have Japanese tea. Last weekend, my husband and I had chirashizushi (ちらし寿司) which we purchased at Japanese supermarket. I opened my tea drawer and found this genmaicha which my mother-in-law sent from Japan. I didn't remember how many years ago I had had genmaicha in Japan before. I brewed it just like I do green tea. It was so savory and made me relax. :)



      My entries related to Japan can be seen here

      My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

      This is my entries related to cooking can be seen here.



      These are my entries you might like.


■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso 


No comments:

Post a Comment