Thursday, October 27, 2016

How to Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

      Last night, I cooked chicken tortilla soup which has been my most favorite Mexican soup since I had one at the Mexican restaurant in Bishop two years ago. I've made burrito at home recently because limes and cilantro were on sale at my local Sprouts, so it's perfect time to enjoy Mexican foods. When I make burrito, I also want to cook this soup because those ingredients are pretty same. :) Chicken tortilla soup is very nutritious and delicious. It's savory and flavorful. Today, I'm going to share how to cook chicken tortilla soup with you.
Ingredients (4 Servings)

1 tablespoon of oil
1 onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
8 oz of chicken (cut them into chunks)
2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoon of tomato paste
2 cups of chicken broth
14 oz of canned beans
1 tortilla (cut them into strips)
nip of salt and black pepper
some parsley leaves
1 lime



1. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Saute the chicken until golden on both sides.

2. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry them for several minutes.

3. Sprinkle in the chili powder and oregano and stir to coat the chicken in the spices.

4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.

5. Add the beans and tortilla and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.

6. Serve it in bowl and squeeze lime into soup.

7. Enjoy!
 


     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking


       These are my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso 

No comments:

Post a Comment