Friday, February 12, 2016

Okara, Tofu Lees, Soy Pulp - Healthy Japanese Foods

     Now, people know a tofu is made of soy, and it's one of the healthiest foods. However, do you know about tofu byproducts such as okara? Tofu lees, soy pulp, is called okara in Japanese. Okara is very high nutrient food and is high in protein and fiber. If you love tofu or Japanese foods, I would like you to try Japanese okara! :) If you live in Japan, you can find okara at most supermarkets and tofu shops. However, it's pretty hard to find okara in the U.S., where I live right now. Only once in a while, I can find okara at Japanese supermarkets here. When I am able to buy okara, I enjoy cooking unohana. I sometimes make okara donuts and okara hamburgs too.

     This week, I cooked curry flavored unohana, and it was pretty good. :) I'll share the recipe in my tomorrow's entry. :)
     
Curry Flavored Unohana

       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!


■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment