Sunday, October 29, 2017

How to Make Matcha Warabi Mochi with Microwave Oven

     Today, I made matcha warabi mochi (わらび餅), a traditional Japanese mochi dessert and coated with kinako, roasted soy bean flour. It was incredibly so good! It had delicious rich kinako taste and slightly bitter from matcha powder. Obviously, it was the best warabi mochi I've ever had! If you love matcha or green tea, I think you might like this warabi mochi as well. :)   

    The reason why I made matcha warabi mochi was that I found this kinako matcha powder, Torokeru Kinako Matcha (とろける きな粉 抹茶), at my local Japanese supermarket today. When I found this, I thought that I should make warabi mochi with it. :)
Torokeru Kinako Matcha

        In addition to kinako powder, it contains brown sugar and matcha powder from Nishio city (西尾市), Aichi prefecture (愛知県). 
Torokeru Kinako Matcha

Torokeru Kinako Matcha

     I'm going to share how to make matcha warabi mochi with you. You can also check out my previous entry, How to Make Warabimochi with Microwave Oven, for regular kinako warabi mochi recipe.


Ingredients (8 Pieces)

For Mochi
2 Tablespoons of Katakuriko, Potato Starch
25g (0.8 oz) of Sugar (I used honey this time.)
90 ml (3 fl oz) of Water

For Coating
Torokeru Kinako Matcha, Kinako Matcha Powder (or Kinako + Matcha Powder + Brown Sugar)




1. Mix katakuriko, sugar and water in a cup.


2. Microwave it for 15 seconds. Stir thoroughly. (By the way, my microwave oven is 1000w.)


3. Microwave it for 10 seconds. Stir thoroughly. Repeat this step until it is thick and translucent.



4. Scoop small pieces of mochi with a wet tablespoon. Soak the mochi in cold ice water. 



5. Then, move the mochi into the kinako matcha powder. Coat the mochi with it.




6. Serve and enjoy! 



     This is my video, How to Make Easy Matcha Green Tea Warabimochi.



       These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Make Warabimochi with Microwave Oven

■How to Make Abekawa Mochi, Kinako Mochi 

■How to Make Ichigo Daifuku, A Japanese Mochi Dessert Stuffed with Strawberry and Anko

■Trader Joe's The Crispy Crunchy Mochi Rice Nuggets

■My Favorite Okara Chocolate Cake & Okara Recipes

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment