Friday, October 27, 2017

How to Make Nitamago, Japanese Ramen Eggs

      This morning, I made nitamago (煮たまご, 煮卵), which is also called hanjyuku nitamago (半熟煮卵) and ajitsuke tamago (味付け卵). Tamago (たまご, 卵, 玉子) means an egg (eggs), and ni (煮) means boiled or simmered in Japanese. Hanjyuku (半熟) means half-cooked, and ajitsuke (味付け) means flavored. Thus, these are Japanese flavored half-boiled eggs. You can find nitamago at ramen restaurants in Japan. Many ramen restaurants serve nitamago as ramen toppings.

      Tonight, I had these half boiled eggs, which I marinated in soy sauce, mirin and sugar for 12 hours. These had savory soy sauce flavor and so good! Making nitamago is pretty easy, so today, I'm going to share with you how to make nitamago with you.

Ingredients (10 Servings)
5 Tablespoons of Mirin
5 Tablespoons of Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon of Sugar
11 Tablespoons of Water
10 Eggs



1. (Make Marinade Sauce) Put mirin, soy sauce, sugar and water into a sauce pan, and bring to a boil.

 Then, move it in a stainless steel bowl and place it over iced water. Let it cool.
Chill the Marinade Sauce





2. (Make Half-Boiled Eggs) Bring water to a boil. Put eggs in a boiling water. Cook them for 6 minutes.

Move eggs in iced water. When eggs are fully chilled, peel them.








3. (Marinate Eggs) Move peeled eggs in a glass container (I used a 7-cup Pyrex round storage.) or Ziploc Bag.  Pour chilled marinade sauce in it. Marinate it in the refrigerator for 12 hours. Flip eggs over a few times (If you use a Ziploc Bag, you don't need to flip eggs over.).





4. Enjoy!



       These are my entries you might like.
■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Supermarket in Japan - Haul 

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Vietnamese Egg Coffee

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■How to Cook Soboro Don - Japanese Scrambled Meat And Egg Bowl 

■How To Make Easy Garlic Soy Sauce

■How to Cook Miso Soup



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here. 

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.






No comments:

Post a Comment