Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Finally Received DVDs

I finally received Grey's Anatomy season 1-7 DVD set yesterday. I ordered it for $85 from eBay last week. I thought it was a bargain because the average price on Amazon is $140. Yay!


It was my first time to purchase from eBay. When I ordered it, I was worried whether or not my all eBay process would go along smoothly.
Actually first, I ordered it from a different seller. After I finished my payment, the seller directly contacted by email and said that the seller's Paypal account was not working anymore and asked me  to cancel the payment and remit to another Paypal account. I was immediately suspicious about the seller because the seller didn't have any reviews on eBay. I thought that process was unsecured. I asked eBay customer service for an advice in regards to this situation. They said that I should cancel the order this time. They suspected the seller was not honest because the seller directly contacted me instead of sending message through eBay. They thought that the seller might want to hide something from eBay. I followed their advice. I replied back to the seller and asked to cancel my order. The seller emailed me three times insisting that this transaction is very secure but I did not want to comply and the seller finally understood me.
So, I ordered the DVD set from another seller. The second seller's review was pretty good. I was able to receive my DVD set five days after I ordered it. I was relieved. :)
My first experience about eBay was not very good. However, if you want to save money, you should check eBay. They sell most product cheaper than Amazon. I could buy the brand new DVD set $55 cheaper than on Amazon. :)






 Today's Vocabulary
・ go along smoothly : (物事が)円滑に進む
・ remit : verb / (金を電信・為替などで)送る、支払う
・ suspicious : 疑わしい、疑念を抱かせる
・ in regard to : ~について、~に関して
  ex) We had many problems in regard to quality control. : 品質管理に関して多くの問題があった。
・ suspect : verb / 疑わしく思う
・ comply : verb / (要望に)応じる

No comments:

Post a Comment