Tuesday, July 31, 2012

From Japan





Last Wednesday, my husband came back from his business trip from Japan. He brought back many Japanese foods. :)
Here in California, we can easily buy Japanese foods at Japanese supermarkets, but they are little bit expensive. And also some of them are not available in the U.S.  



900 yen (500g) = $11.25
This is broth of Chinese foods. This is excellent broth. You can easily make Chinese foods with better taste. Even though it is for Chinese foods, it was made by Japanese company. :)

89 yen (each) = 1.11
I love wasabi!

178 yen (each) = $2.22
These are instant miso soup. These are for part of his lunch. :)

100 yen =  $1.25
 This is for slicing cucumbers. You can slice cucumber very thin with it.

89 yen (each) = $1.11
These are seaweeds for udon noodle.

gift from my mother-in-law
 These are also instant miso soup.

gift from my mother-in-law
These are instant chazuke, which is rice with green tea.

89 yen (each) = $1.11
 These are also other kind of seaweed.

298 yen (each) = $3.72
 These are grilled meat sauce.

100 yen = $1.25
This is yakisoba noodle sauce.

89 yen (each)  = $1.11
These are also another kind of seaweed.

278 yen (each) = $3.48
These are instant ramen noodle.

89 yen (each) = $1.11
These are also instant ramen. These are not available at Japanese supermarket in the U.S.

gift from my mother-in-law
This is for gomoku-zushi, which is vinegared rice mixed with various vegetables or fish seasoned with vinegar.

gift from my mother-in-law
These are green tea. My home town is famous for green tea. When I was little, I used to drink green tea every day instead of water. I believe this tea is one of the highest quality green tea in Japan.

630 yen (each) = $7.88
 These are instant green tea.

100 yen = $1.25525 yen = $6.56
These are snacks. Left side of package is squid. Right side of package is youkan.


For me, Japanese foods are the best. Every thing in Japan tasted very good. :) I've already had ramen, ochazuke, yokan and green tea. :))






 Today's Vocabulary
・ grilled meat sauce : 焼肉のたれ

No comments:

Post a Comment