Monday, July 30, 2012

Sea Urchin

Yesterday, my husband and I went to San Diego, where is famous for sea urchin.

We were looking forward to eating sea urchin bowl at Mitsuwa, which is Japanese supermarket, but those were already sold out. We chose sushi boxes instead.
I wanted to eat sea urchin. That's why I chose the sushi box, which had two sea urchin sushi. :)
sushi box $11.99
My husband chose variety sushi box.
sushi box $11.99
They were not too bad, but the sea urchin had raw smell. :( I was a little disappointed about that. However, after putting soy sauce with wasabi on the top of the sea urchin, it reduced the raw smell.

Most of times, sea urchin in San Diego tasted better than in Japan. I used to believe that Japanese sushi was the best in the world. Yeah, that's true but sea urchin. When I ate sea urchin in the U.S., they changed my imagination of sushi there. Of course, you can eat delicious sea urchin in Japan but they are way too expensive. Inexpensive sushi restaurants in Japan don't serve good sea urchin even though they serve pretty delicious sushi expect for it. Here in California, we can eat delicious sea urchin with very reasonable price. :) I like that. However, other sushi such as tuna, salmon, yellow tail, shrimp and so on wasn't as good as in Japan. I have never been satisfied with them but I have to go to sushi restaurant because I love sushi too much. I miss sushi in Japan. I have to wait five more months to eat authentic sushi.


Mitsuwa Marketplace
4240 Kearny Mesa Rd
(between Othello Ave & Armour St)
San Diego, CA 92111
Neighborhood: Kearny Mesa
(858) 569-6699




 Today's Vocabulary
・ have raw smell : 生臭みがある



No comments:

Post a Comment