Monday, September 11, 2017

Installing Bathroom Floor Tiles - Our Bathroom Renovation

      As I mentioned in my previous entry, my husband and I finally finished renovating our guest bathroom. As you can see the photo below, our bathroom was very ugly and outdated before. Now, it looks brand new. :)  Last time, I wrote about replacing the tile vanity top. Today, I'm going to write about installing floor tiles. I hoped that installing floor tiles would be easier than making the tile vanity top. However, we spent many weekends for this project actually...   

     These are my entries related to our bathroom renovation.

Before & After Painting All Cabinets (August 2016)

Shower Tile and Bathtub Paints (February 2017) 

Before and After Master Bathroom - New Shower Handles, Tub Spout And Shower Heads (March 2017)

Before and After - Guest Bathroom (September 2017)

Replacing the Tile Vanity Top on A Budget - Bathroom Renovation (September 2017)




Installing Bathroom Floor Tiles

      After removing all old pinky beige tiles, he leveled concrete floor.


    First, we went to Lowe's to purchase floor tiles. I wanted to buy porcelain tile because it's more durable than ceramic. I wanted my bathroom with charcoal gray tiles or light gray tiles.
Style Selections Galvano Charcoal Porcelain Granite Floor and Wall Tile

Anatolia Tile Porto Argento Porcelain Floor and Wall Tile

     We purchased two different tiles as samples and checked which one would look better here. Charcoal gray tile had very unique matte texture (It's like stone around river!) and felt so comfortable.

    Light gray tile looked whiter in the store but looked more like beige with warm lighting in our home.

     We decided to purchase charcoal gray tiles for our bathroom flooring. However, after laying them on the floor, I changed my mind. :(  The charcoal gray ones had zen look, which is good, but it was not what I really wanted my bathroom looked. Frankly, taking a lot of heavy and fragile tiles to our home was very hard and I didn't want to return them and purchase different ones again, so I felt very sorry for him to tell him that I didn't really like this look. However, he agreed with me. Replacing tiles is not as easy as replacing shower curtain, so we cannot change our mind after actually installing tiles. That's why we returned all of them and decided to look for different tiles.


     We finally found this MARAZZI Nature Calacatta Porcelain Tiles at Home Depot and purchased them.
MARAZZI Nature Calacatta Porcelain Tiles

       The white tile floor looked better!


     Before installing tiles, we watched this video, which was very helpful to know how to set tiles properly.

 



   For the grout, he used Fusion Pro Single Component Grout Snow White.




      I really love the bathroom floor now. It has clean and elegant look. :) He really did a great job! Yes, I didn't do anything for heavy tiling. I just chose the bathroom tiles and failed it. ;P 


      Next time, I'll write about the sink, faucet and toilet. :)


     These are my entries related to our bathroom renovation.

Before & After Painting All Cabinets (August 2016)

Shower Tile and Bathtub Paints (February 2017) 

Before and After Master Bathroom - New Shower Handles, Tub Spout And Shower Heads (March 2017)

Before and After - Guest Bathroom (September 2017)

Replacing the Tile Vanity Top on A Budget - Bathroom Renovation (September 2017)

Installing Bathroom Floor Tiles - Our Bathroom Renovation (September 2017)

New Bathroom Sink, Faucet, Toilet, Towel Bar and Paint - Bathroom Renovation





     These are my entries you might like.
Before and After Wet Bar Renovation - Install Backsplash Tiles, Replace Outlet, Paint Cabinets and Decor

Before and After Master Bathroom - New Shower Handles, Tub Spout And Shower Heads

Shower Tile and Bathtub Paints 

Before and After Door Hardware - From Door Knob to Door Lever

Before & After Painting All Cabinets

How to Install New Outlet Cover Plate - Hubbell Taymac Revive Decorator Wall Plate Review

How to Install A Spring Door Stop

Before and After Kitchen Flooring - Easy and Affordable Peel-And-Stick Vinyl Flooring! 

Built-in Trash Cans - Before and After


      My entries related to home renovations can be seen here.

      My entries related to bathroom renovations can be seen here.


No comments:

Post a Comment