Thursday, September 15, 2016

How to Install New Outlet Cover Plate - Hubbell Taymac Revive Decorator Wall Plate Review

    After purchasing my home, I always wanted to replace all ugly electrical outlets in my home. The almond colored outlets looked so dated, and I didn't like they were cracked and painted on. I finally installed new one last week!  

     This is the outlet after replacing the cover plate! It looks modern and clean now. :) It took me only a couple of minutes to replace it. It was very quick and easy update, and I am happy with its look now. :)

           Actually, I was going to replace whole electrical outlets and covers, but it's pretty hard for me to understand about electrical wires, so I ended up purchasing this Hubbell Taymac Revive Decorator Wall Plate for this project. It was probably the best decision I've ever made. :) I didn't have to replace old electrical outlets. I just installed new outlet cover plates. Today, I'm going to share how to install Hubbell Taymac Decorator Wall Plate with you.  
Hubbell Taymac Revive Decorator Wall Plate

What You'll Need
A Screw Driver
A New Outlet Cover Plate (Hubbell Taymac Revive Dicorator Wall Plate)



 1. Remove the mounting screw.




2. Remove the old outlet cover plate. 
      I vacuumed around the outlet to get rid of dust. 


3. Install new outlet cover plate.

    Screw on the cover plate.
 


     So Easy!




     I also purchased Hubbell Taymac Revive Wall Plate for switches. :)
Hubbell Taymac Revive Wall Plate for Switches



◆Before and After Installing Hubbell Taymac Revive Wall Plates for Switches


   The old one had cracked!


    I've installed more than a dozen of outlet cover plates by myself. It was very easy, and I think I was able to save a lot of time and money. :)))


     My entries related to home renovations can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/home%20renovations


No comments:

Post a Comment