Sunday, September 3, 2017

How to Cook Pan-Roasted Artichokes

    One of the reasons why I like the U.S. is that I can enjoy new foods which I've never seen in Japan.

     A few weeks ago, I purchased fresh artichokes for $1 for two at my local supermarket. I thought it was a super great deal! Then, next week, I found that fresh artichokes were on sale for $1 for three there. It was even cheaper! I couldn't believe that one fresh artichoke only cost 33 cents! When I lived in Japan, I've never had artichokes. I've never seen artichokes at any supermarket there. I've just found that one fresh artichoke is selling about 1500 yen, which is equivalent to $13.60, online in Japan.

     Anyway, I cooked pan-roasted artichokes last week, and it turned out so delicious! Actually, I cooked boiled artichokes several years ago, but roasted one was way more delicious than boiled one.  :) I'm going to share how to cook pan-roasted artichokes with you. :) 


Ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
2 Artichokes
A Pinch of Salt
2 Tablespoons of Water 


1. Cut about one inch from the top of the artichokes. Then, Cut them into halves.

2. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium low heat. Place artichokes in the pan. Cover the lid. Cook them for 15 minutes. 

3. Flip over the artichokes. Sprinkle salt over them. Add water and cover the lid.  Cook them over medium low heat for another 15 minutes.

4. Serve and enjoy!


    I watched this video to get how to eat artichokes. By the way, I had roasted artichokes with a pinch of salt only. :)




      These are my entries you might like.

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■ Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 21 - 30)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Tamago Kake Gohan - Raw Egg on Rice

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Make Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Daiso


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment