Thursday, July 27, 2017

How to Make Egg and Broccoli Salad

    Today, I made my favorite egg and broccoli salad for dinner. :) When I moved to the U.S., I was surprised that people eat raw broccoli salad. Japanese people usually don't eat raw broccoli. Indeed, I've never seen raw broccoli salad in Japan. To me, raw broccoli is too firm for even salad. After living in the U.S. for years, I can now eat raw broccoli salad at restaurants, yet I prefer to eat Japanese style broccoli salad at home.  Anyway, I'm going to share how to make egg and broccoli salad with you. :)


Ingredients (8 Servings)
2 Bunches of Broccoli (Cut the head into florets, and slice the stem into 1/4 inch.)
8 Boiled Eggs (Peel and chop)
8 Tablespoons of Japanese Mayonnaise
2 Teaspoon of Mustard
Nip of Salt and Black Pepper





1. Put broccoli into boiled water and cook them for 30 to 90 seconds. (Cook broccoli florets for 30 seconds and broccoli stems for 90 seconds.) 


   Right after taking them out from boiled water, put them into iced water. Immerse them in iced water for several minutes until cold in order to stop the cooking process.

  Drain off the water from broccoli.

  Use a salad spinner to remove excess water.
Ikea Salad Spinner







 2. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, and salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Then, add eggs and mix them lightly.






3. Add broccoli and stir them. 






4. Enjoy!



       These are also my entries you might like.
■Japanese Mayonnaise Is the Best! 

■How to Cook Savory Stir-Fried Broccoli and Potatoes

■How to Make Easy Cucumber & Corn Salad

■How to Cook Creamy Pumpkin Salad

■How to Make Massaged Kale Salad

■How to Make Asian Spinach Salad
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.


1 comment: