Monday, February 1, 2016

How to Make Massaged Kale Salad

       Last night, I made this salad, which contained kale leaves, lettuce, red radishes, tomatoes, sunflower seeds and cheese. I like kale salad but I sometimes found it difficult to eat a lot of kale leaves because the leaves are pretty firm and difficult to digest. When I watched this YouTube video last year, I got an idea of massaging kale leaves for tender kale salad. (The massaging kale leaves in this video starts at 7:51.)


     I'm going to share how to make my kale salad with you.

Ingredients (2 Servings)

4 kale leaves (I used two kinds of kale, curly kale and Lacinato kale.)
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
nip of salt and pepper
2 cups of  lettuce
2 red radishes (thinly sliced)
10 grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons of cheese


1. Remove the stems from kale. (You can grill the stems! They are actually flavorful and delicious.)

2. Put kale leaves into a large bowl.

3. Add olive oil and massage them for 1 minutes or so. The kale will shrink in size like the photo below.

4. Add lemon, salt and pepper. Stir them.

5. Toss lettuce and red radishes into the salad.

6. Serve on a plate. Top with grape tomatoes, sunflower seeds and cheese.

7. Enjoy!



      This is my entries related to my favorite recipes.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking


No comments:

Post a Comment