Monday, September 15, 2014

How to Cook Creamy Pumpkin Salad

      Last month, my husband and I cooked creamy pumpkin salad, which has been our favorite recipe since I was living in Japan. This is salad but tasted like sweet dessert. I use Japanese pumpkin, kabocha squash, for it. Kabocha has deep green skin and is commonly eaten in Japan. Kabocha in Japan is usually nice and sweet like chestnuts. However, kabocha in the U.S. is not sweet at all and very bland somehow. By the way, chestnuts here is also less sweet than one in Japan. Anyway, when I was in Japan, I didn't need to add any sugar into my pumpkin salad, but I use sugar for this salad here. By doing so, it turns out very delicious salad just like one I used to cook in Japan. :)  I'm going to share how to cook creamy pumpkin salad with you.

Creamy Pumpkin Salad

Ingredients

a whole kabocha (cut into 1/8)
8oz of cream cheese (cut them into half inch dice)
6 tablespoons of mayonnaise
sugar (as you like)
raisin (as you like)


1. Place kabocha onto a plate and cover it with plastic wrap. Heat it in a microwave oven for over four minutes until kabocha gets tender. Peel its skin.

2. Divide kabocha in half. Mash one half of kabocha, and cut the other half of kabocha into half inch dice.

3. Mix mashed kabocha, cream cheese and mayonnaise gently. Then, add sugar as you like. Mix the rest of kabocha and raisin lightly.

4. Enjoy!
Creamy Pumpkin Salad

     This is my entries related to my favorite recipe.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/recipes

      This is my entries related to cooking.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/cooking



No comments:

Post a Comment