Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fish Taco

Because my husband had a day off last Tuesday, we went to Bear Flag Fish Company, which is a fish restaurant. Before going there, I read many positive reviews on the restaurant. :) I was excited to go there.
The parking lot only allows five cars to park and was already full at 1 p.m. We parked on the street by a parking meter instead.

The restaurant was filled with many costumers. Many people were waiting in line to order. 

There were many fresh fish. The cashier said they could serve 15 kinds of fish that day. 


We chose clam chowder, three fish tacos and seafood rice bowl.
This clam chowder was as good as I expected, it tasted a little salty though. There were many clams in it. :) 
Clam Chowder 12 oz $3.50
 These were two Specialty Tacos. I was able to choose from 15 kinds of fish. I chose salmon because the cashier recommended it. I added avocado on them. These were  the best fish tacos I've ever had! :) I liked that fresh tomato, and the fish was bigger than I expected. :)
Specialty Taco $3.45 & sliced avocado $0.50

This was a Panco Grilled Fish Taco. I also added sliced avocado. This was also good as well. :)
Panco Grilled Fish Taco $2.95 & sliced avocado $0.50
We also ordered Seafood Rice Bowl. I expected it to come out in a bowl, but it was plate. Frankly, I was not impressed with the taste. The fish was not too bad, but it tasted bland. The rice tasted poor because it was very sticky. I am picky about rice because I eat it everyday. The grilled vegetable was not too bad, but I was not very impressed either.
Seafood Rice Bowl $9.95

I highly recommend their delicious fish tacos but not seafood rice bowl. I had seen their homepage, and they serve taco for $2 every Tuesday, but they weren't discounted that day. I don't know why, but I should have asked them.


After eating lunch, we went to Newport Beach pier and walk around there. There were not too many people, and we enjoyed feeling a soothing sea breeze.








Bear Flag Fish Company
407 31st St
Newport Beach, CA 92663







 Today's Vocabulary
・ a soothing sea breeze : 心地よい海風 

No comments:

Post a Comment