Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Welcome Back

Today, I went to cafe to meet my friend. It's been a month since I met her last time. She has come back to the U.S. from Korea. We talked a lot about what happened for a month.
She told me that she had never thanked for California climate after she had moved here, but she missed it when she was in Korea. It's because it was very hot and humid in Korea. She couldn't sleep enough in sweltering night. And she met many friends there. She was planning on selling some Coach bags to her friends in Korea. I asked her whether or not they sold. She told me that she took back three bags to Korea, and she sold two of them. One of them was given to her friend who gave a lot of money to her sons and my friend wanted to repay her favors. She really enjoyed visiting Korea with her sons for a month. Her husband stayed in the U.S. during her vacation. He made his meal himself and did all home chores. He didn't use to do any chores at home. Now, my friend is glad about him because he has been making cup of coffee every morning by himself since my friend came back to the U.S. That was a big change for him. :) I thought he missed his family so much for a month.
We are going to start our weekly conversation session again from two weeks from now. I didn't speak enough English for two months. Actually, I forgot how to speak English. I really need to practice with her. :)






 Today's Vocabulary
・ sweltering night : 熱帯夜
・ repay someone's favor : (人に)恩返しをする

No comments:

Post a Comment