Friday, August 3, 2012

Sashimi Combo

Today, my husband and I went to Japanese restaurant for lunch.

He chose chirashi-zushi combo. It included miso soup and salad.
Chirashi-zushi combo $13.50
I chose sashimi combo. I was able to choose either white rice or Japanese rice, which Japanese call takikomi-gohan. I thought white rice was perfect for sashimi, but I wanted to try Japanese rice to make sure how good it would taste. So, I chose Japanese rice. The Japanese rice was not too bad, but I thought the taste was not rich. Actually, I can make it taste better. Miso soup was so-so as well.
Sashimi combo $13.50
The dressing of salad tasted very good! It had deep-fried tempura batter and minced cucumber pickles with ume flavor on the top of the salad.
The sashimi was not bad, but it wasn't the best sashimi for me. I was impressed that there were eight kinds of sashimi including tuna, shrimp, yellow tail, white tuna, octopus, egg cockle, flounder edge and salmon. It was my first time to eat egg cockle and flounder edge in the U.S. The sashimi combo was $13.50 for lunch. I thought it was very reasonable price for eight kinds of sashimi. :)

Frankly, I wasn't really satisfied with this Japanese food. It was very reasonable but tasted just okay. 
While I'm writing review on the Japanese foods, I realized that I'm really picky about Japanese food because I am Japanese as well as I have eaten many delicious Japanese foods in Japan. It can't be helped. :P



Sushi Wazen
22641 Lake Forest Dr
B7

Lake Forest, CA 92630






 Today's Vocabulary
・ egg cockle : トリ貝
flounder edge : エンガワ
・ flounder : noun / 平らな魚、ヒラメ、カレイ

No comments:

Post a Comment