Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Maruchan GOLD - Review and How My Husband Cooked

 

Maruchan GOLD

      Have you ever tried Maruchan GOLD instant ramen? My husband and I tried it for our first time this winter. 

      Maruchan is Japanese instant ramen brand of Toyo Suisan, which was established in Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo in 1953. They started selling Maruchan ramen in 1961, and they expanded their business to the U.S. in 1977. If you live in the U.S., you have probably seen incredibly affordable Maruchan ramen at most supermarkets. Frankly, their cheap instant ramen selling in the U.S. tastes like super Americanized instant ramen just like other Japanese American companies do. Cheap Maruchan ramen in the U.S. doesn't taste as good as ones in Japan. (I also don't really like cheap Nissin cup noodles selling in the U.S. because it's too Americanized.) By the way, I really love Maruchan raw yakisoba noodles though. 


Maruchan GOLD is not cheap at all.

     Most Maruchan instant ramen selling in the U.S. is incredibly affordable. One serving of cheap Maruchan instant ramen is usually around 30 cents at most supermarkets in the U.S. In contrast, one serving of Maruchan GOLD is usually $2.50 at most US supermarkets. Maruchan GOLD is eight times more expensive than regular cheap Maruchan isntant ramen.

 

Is Maruchan GOLD in the U.S. like Maruchan Seimen in Japan?

     One of the reasons why I really wanted to try Maruchan GOLD was that I had heard that Maruchan GOLD was like Maruchan Seimen (マルちゃん 正麺) which is one of my favorite instant ramen in Japan. As I mentioned in my previous entries, one of my friend living in Japan told me that Maruchan Seimen was very popular in Japan, and those were often sold out back then. Maruchan Seimen is dried instant noodle, but it tastes like raw noodle surprisingly. If you are in Japan and haven't tried Maruchan Seimen yet, you really should try one. Anyway, I really love Maruchan GOLD too. Indeed, the texture of noodles was as authentic as Maruchan Seimen. The soup of Marucha GOLD were not too Americanized. I can say that Maruchan Gold and Maruchan Seimen are pretty close, but they don't have the same taste.

Maruchan GOLD
     This time, I purchased Maruchan Gold Soy Sauce Flavor and Spicy Miso Flavor.

 

 

Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Flavor

Mruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Flavor

 

Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Flavor

 

 

Maruchan GOLD Spicy Miso Flavor

Maruchan GOLD Spicy Miso Flavor


Maruchan GOLD Spicy Miso Flavor


      It has one serving of dried ramen noodles and one pack of liquid soup base.

Maruchan GOLD



How My Husband Cooked Maruchan GOLD Instant Ramen Noodles


Ingredients (1 Serving)

Maruchan GOLD Instant Ramen

2 Cups (473 ml) of Water

1 Egg

1/2 Cup of Chopped Green Onions


 1. In a small pot, bring water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 3 minutes.



2. Meanwhile, empty soup packet in a large ramen bowl. 


Maruchan GOLD Spicy Miso Flavor

Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce Flavor



3. Add noodles and hot water into the bowl. Stir until soup is evenly mixed.



4. Add a cooked egg.

      By the way, he always cooks eggs with a microwave oven. Put a little water in a small bowl and put a fresh egg in it. Then microwave it for seconds. If you over cooked the egg in a microwave oven, you know that it would be exploded in it. Try not to over cook the egg.




5. Top it with green onions.



6. Enjoy!



Maruchan GOLD Spicy Miso

        I was very impressed at the texture of noodles! It didn't taste like instant noodle. The soup was pretty good. Especially, I love soy sauce flavor. If I find that Maruchan GOLD is on sale, I will probably buy one again. 😋

Maruchan GOLD Soy Sauce



 

      These are also my entries you might like.

■Sapporo Ichiban Momosan Ramen Tokyo Chicken - Costco Haul & How He Cooked!  

■ICHIRAN Instant Ramen - The Best Instant Ramen from Popular Japanese Ramen Restaurant (How We Cooked!)  

■All About Marutai Kyushu Local Ramen! Must-Try Japanese Instant Ramen

■Myojo Chukazanmai Ryanmen - The Best Hiyashi Chuka Instant Noodles

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Yakisoba with Instant Noodles, Sapporo Ichiban Chow Mein 

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.

 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment