Sunday, June 13, 2021

How to Cook Yakisoba, Japanese Fried Noodles


      Tonight, I learned how to cook yakisoba (焼きそば) from my husband. Yakisoba is Japanese fried noodles and is one of the most popular foods in Japan. When it comes to noodle dishes, he is very good at cooking those. Today, I'm going to share how to cook yakisoba with you.

 

Ingredients for 2 Servings
1 Egg (Beaten)
2 Sliced Bacon (Cut into Pieces)
2 Servings of Noodles and Sauce for Yakisoba
1/2 Onion (Sliced)
1/4 of A Head of Cabbage (Chopped)
1/2 Cup of Water


         



Noodles for Yakisoba

      We usually purchase this Maruchan's Nama Yaki-Soba, which contains three servings of noodles and powdered yakisoba sauce, at our local Japanese supermarkets. (Nama means raw in Japanese, by the way.) In the U.S., you can find this one at frozen aisle at Asian supermarkets. In Japan, you can find raw yakisoba noodles at fridge aisle at most supermarkets.

     This time, we used two servings of noodles and yakisoba sauce.


Meat and Vegetables

      This time, we used turkey bacon, onion and cabbage because we have those in our kitchen, but you can use any kinds of meat and vegetables. For meat, I recommend thinly sliced pork, regular pork bacon or sausage. If you would like to try seafood yakisoba, you can try octopus or squids. For vegetables, I recommend onion, cabbages, carrots, bell peppers or/and bean sprouts.



How to Cook Yakisoba (焼きそば), Japanese Fried Noodles


1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Stir-fry beaten egg in the pan.

    Then, move the eggs onto a dish.



2. In the same pan, stir-fry bacon until it's cooked.


    Then, move the bacon onto a dish.



3. Microwave frozen noodles for two to three minutes until they are almost fully cooked.



4. Heat oil in the same pan over high heat. Stir-fry onions and cabbages for three minutes.



5. Add noodles. Then, pour water over the noodles, and loosen the noodles with chopsticks.




6. Cover the lid and cook it for 1 to two minutes.




7. Turn off the heat. Then, add cooked egg, bacon and vegetables.



8. Add powdered yakisoba sauce over the noodles.


     Stir them thoroughly.




9. Serve the yakisoba on a plate.


    Sprinkle aonori flakes over it.

 

     Sprinkle katsuobushi, dried bonito flakes, over it.


    Top it with Japanese mayonnaise. You can also add shredded red ginger pickles on top. (We ran out of shredded red ginger pickles this time though.)



10. Enojy!



      These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Tori Meshi - Savory Japanese Rice with Chicken and Gobo

■How to Boost Your Immune System - 6 Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System

■Top 3 My Favorite Ramen From Marutai Kyushu Ramen Series

■How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

■How to Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

■How to Make An Easy Egg Toast (Japanese Sliced Bread + Japanese Mayonnaise = Deliciousness)
  
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment