Thursday, January 24, 2019

How to Cook Omurice, a Japanese Omelette Stuffed with Rice (Cook Like a Pro!)

       Omurice (オムライス) is a Japanese omelette stuffed with rice. As I mentioned in my previous entry, Most Popular Japanese Foods (Top 21 - 30), it's one of the most popular Japanese foods, and you can find omurice at many yoshoku restaurants in Japan.

      Last week, I found this Del Monte Japan official YouTube video and tried this recipe. I was so surprised that it turned out so delicious!!! (That's why I've cooked this omurice twice since then!) I was also surprised that the chef in this video is Hiroshi Modegi (茂出木 浩司) from Taimeiken (たいめいけん), a very famous yoshoku restaurant located in Nihonbashi, Tokyo Japan. This restaurant serve the best yoshoku foods in Japan, and specially, their omurice is very famous! 

Taimeiken (Japanese Yoshoku Restaurant)
1-12-10 Nihonbashi
Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Japan

How to Cook Omurice (Hiroshi Modegi from Taimeiken Restaurant)

      I really want you to try this recipe from this video! Since this video is only Japanese, I decided to share the recipe in English with you! In this video, Hiroshi Modegi used many kinds of mushrooms, shimeji mushrooms (しめじ), king oyster mushrooms (エリンギ), enoki mushrooms (エノキ) and white mushrooms (マッシュルーム), but I only had shiitake mushrooms in my kitchen, and it turned out so good as well. ;)  I also used green beans instead of peas.

 
Ingredients (2 Servings)
1/2 of Onion (Minced)
Butter
1/2 Pound of  Chicken Thigh (Chopped)
1 to 2 Cups of Your Favorite Mushrooms (Sliced)
1/2 Cup of Green Beans (Chopped) or Peas
1 Tablespoons of White Wine
Nip of Salt and Black Peppers
3 oz (80g) of Ketchup
2 Servings of Cooked White Rice
6 Eggs (3 Eggs per Serving)




1. Heat butter (1 and 1/2 tablespoons) in a large pan over low heat. Stir-fry onions until translucent.



2. Add butter (1 and 1/2 tablespoons) again. When the butter has melted, add chicken thigh, and stir-fry them over medium high heat.



3. When the color of chicken has changed, add mushrooms and stir-fry them. (I also added green beans here.) When the mushrooms are almost cooked, add white wine, salt and black peppers.



4. Add ketchup, and stir-fry them for 1 minute.





5. Add cooked rice and stir-fry them over high heat.




6. Serve chicken rice on a plate.



7. Make one serving of omelette at a time. Beat 3 eggs. Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a pan over high heat. When the butter has melted, pour beaten eggs. Stir them and make omelette. (You might want to watch the video above.)






8. Cover the chicken rice with omelette. Top it with ketchup. Enjoy!




       These are also my entries you might like.
■How to Cook Dashimaki Tamago, Japanese Omelette

■How to Cook Tamagoyaki, Japanese Omelette

■How to Make Nitamago, Japanese Ramen Eggs

■How to Cook Oyakodon, Japanese Chicken and Egg Bowl

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■How to Cook Wafu Hoi-Ko-Ro - Stir-Fried Pork and Vegetable with Red Miso Sauce

■How to Cook Easy Teriyaki Chicken

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Naporitan, Japanese Pasta Dish

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■What I Bought at Japanese Supermarkets

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods 


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.    

    My entries related to Japanese instant ramen can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here


    ★You can find my recipe entries through my Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment