Tuesday, July 11, 2017

How to Cook Hayashi Rice, Japanese Beef Stew

     Tonight, I cooked hayashi rice, which is a popular Japanese beef stew. It looks pretty similar to Japanese curry but tastes different. It has tomato and red wine based demi-glace sauce. If you have never tried hayashi rice before, you really should try it. I think hayashi rice is loved by everyone regardless of race or age. :)

    I usually use S&B Hayashi Sauce Mix, but I used this Shonan Tomato Hayashi Sauce Mix this time because it was on sale at Tokyo Central in Costa Mesa. I believe this Hayashi suace mix is selling at only some stores in Japan, so even if you live in Japan, it's not easy to find this one. If you want to try to cook hayashi rice, try S&B Torokeru Hayashi or House Kokumaro Hayashi, which can be found at any supermarkets in Japan. Today, I'm going to share how I cooked hayashi rice with you.  :) 
 
Ingredients (4 Servings)
1 lb of Beef (cut into bite sizes)
1 Onion (sliced)
Your Favorite Vegetables (carrots, mushrooms, potatoes and etc.)
600 ml of Water
1 Pack of Hayashi Sauce Mix 



1. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Saute the beef until brown on both sides. Remove the sauteed beef from the pan.





2. Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Stir-fry onion until it is translucent.




3. Add your favorite vegetable and stir-fry them. 




4. Add the sauteed beef into it.




5. Add water and simmer them until the ingredients are fully cooked.



 6. Turn off the heat. Then, add Hayashi Sauce Mix. Stir them.



7. Simmer it over low heat. Keep stirring to prevent burning



8. When it turns into darker and thicker stew, turn off the heat.



9. Serve on the plate. Enjoy with steamed rice.



       These are also my entries you might like.
■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew
 
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets


    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment