Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ingredients for Handmade Soap

      This week, I was making soap for my husband, who has very sensitive skin. Two years ago, his colleague recommended him to use handmade soap. She told him that she used to make handmade soap for her son who had been suffering from atopic dermatitis. Her son's skin trouble was gone by using it. That's why he decided to try it, and it has been working very well. He used to have skin troubles especially his scalp, face and back for many years, but they were gone by using our handmade soap.
Our Handmade Soap
       However, making soap is not easy because it needs sodium hydroxide, lye, which is also used as drain cleaner, so you cannot touch it directly. While making handmade soap, I have to be very careful how to handle it. I wear security goggles, a N95 mask and gloves. It's very dangerous for a month or so, but it turns out to be the most gentle soap eventually. :)   
     If you are interested in making soap at home, these are ingredients I use. :) 

What You'll Need
166g (5.8 oz) of Sodium Hydroxide
500ml (17.6 fl oz) of Distilled Water
916g (32.3 oz) of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
128g (4.5 oz) of Shortening
224g (7.9 oz) of Coconut Oil





These are my entries you might like.

■Best Japanese Sunscreens for Sensitive Skin - Nivea and Biore

■10 Best Japanese Beauty Products on Amazon Japan, You Can Also Purchase Them at Drugstores in Japan

■Which Muji Keshosui Should You Choose? - Muji Toning Water Sensitive Skin Care Series



    My entries related to handmade soap can be seen here.

    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here




No comments:

Post a Comment