Saturday, July 8, 2017

How to Cook Chicken Tortilla Soup

      Tonight, I cooked this chicken tortilla soup for dinner. This is my favorite Mexican soup and was very delicious. :) My husband told me that this soup was as delicious as Mexican restaurants serve. Today, I'm going to share how to cook chicken tortilla soup with you. 


Ingredients (4 Servings)
1 tablespoon of oil
8 oz of chicken (cut them into chunks)

1 onion (chopped)
2 tablespoons of crushed garlic
 

2 teaspoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
14 oz of canned chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoon of tomato paste
2 cups of chicken broth
14 oz of canned beans
1 tortilla (cut them into strips)
some cilantro leaves
1 lime




1. Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Saute the chicken until golden on both sides.




2. Add onion and garlic and stir-fry them for several minutes.


3. Sprinkle in the chili powder and oregano and stir to coat the chicken in the spices.


4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth. Simmer for 20 minutes.





5. Add the beans, tortilla and cilantro. Simmer for 10 minutes.
 



6. Serve it in bowl and squeeze lime into soup. Top it with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!





       These are also my entries you might like.
 
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Hiyashi Chuka, Japanese Summer Cold Noodles 

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets




    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.




No comments:

Post a Comment