Sunday, July 30, 2017

How to Grow Green Onion in Your Kitchen

     Every week, I purchase some bunches of green onions at my local supermarkets. I cut green onion finely for miso soup, but I discarded the roots. 10 days ago, I placed green onion bulbs in a small amount of water to grow green onion in my kitchen. As I mentioned in my previous entry, I tried to grow vegetable in my balcony when I lived in Japan, and I've known that growing green onion in your kitchen is super easy, but I just haven't done it since I moved to the U.S. Last week, I really enjoyed seeing how they grew in my kitchen for the first time in many years. :)

What You'll Need
Green Onion Bulbs
Glass (I used a 4oz-Maiso jar.)
Paper Towel (Optional)
Water

Day 2




Day 10
        After 10 days, I was able to harvest some of them and top it over miso soup. :) 



       These are also my entries you might like.

■Top 5 Most Popular Japanese Curry Sauce Mix

■How to Cook Japanese Curry

■How to Cook Japanese White Cream Stew
 
■Don Quijote (Donki) Haul - What He Got in Japan

■What He Got at Drugstore in Japan - Haul

■Top 10 Products You Should Buy at Japanese Supermarkets (for Beginners!)

■My Top 15 Must Eat Foods in Japan - My Favorite Japanese Foods

■Top 10 Most Popular Japanese Foods

■How to Make Japanese Deep Fried Chicken, Kara-Age

■How to Cook Miso Soup

■8 Interesting Japanese Kitchen Gadgets!

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Snacks

■My Top 10 Favorite Japanese Sweets



    My entries related to cooking can be seen here.

    My entries related to my favorite recipes can be seen here.

    My entries related to foods my husband cooked can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japanese noodles can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan Haul can be seen here.
 

    My entries related to Best Japanese Beauty Products can be seen here.

    My entries related to Japan can be seen here.



No comments:

Post a Comment