Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Walking Along the Coastline of La Jolla

       As I mentioned in my previous entries, my husband and I went to La Jolla last Saturday. After enjoying watching wild seals at La Jolla Children's Pool, we headed toward La Jolla Cove to see more wild animals.
La Jolla
        While walking along the coastline, we were able to see many wild animals such as sea lions, brown pelicans, cormorants, sea gulls and squirrels. We found there were some sea lion pups in a group of California Sea Lions.
California Sea Lions in La Jolla

        This baby sea lion was so adorable. They were probably a mother and her baby. They were lying together on the rocky shore.
California Sea Lions in La Jolla
        We arrived at La Jolla Cove Beach. Some people were snorkeling there. I heard La Jolla Cove is one of the best places to snorkel in Southern California because the water is calm and clear. You can often see colorful garibaldi, yellowtail, rays and leopard sharks under the water. I often saw some friendly sea lions swimming in and lying on the sand. Because I love watching wild animals, I would love to snorkel there some day.


La Jolla Cove Beach
         There were four sea lions lying on the sand at La Jolla Cove.
California Sea Lions at La Jolla Cove Beach

       This sea lion pup was also so cute. :)
California Sea Lions at La Jolla Cove Beach
          These numerous black birds were cormorants.
Cormorants
         I also saw a large number of brown pelicans there.
Brown Pelican

Brown Pelican
             Some people were watching a group of sea lions lying on the rocky shore while snorkeling there.

      It was getting dark. We checked the sunset time of San Diego that day and kept walking along the coastline to see the sunset.


         I will write about La Jolla sunset next time. :)


       My entries related to La Jolla can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/La%20Jolla%20Beach


       My entries related to wild animals can be seen here.
http://itisapieceofcake2011.blogspot.com/search/label/wild%20animals

No comments:

Post a Comment